Establishing our partnership with W2 almost 5 years ago, we were initially brought in to support their Office 365 environment.
However, after experiencing organic growth and an increase in remote working, they needed additional support to unite their devices and cloud systems. After utilising a variety of solutions, such as Rackspace for virtual datacentre services and GitHub as their preferred code storage system, they needed to streamline and unite their infrastructure.
Identifying that W2 were already using a selection of Microsoft services, for example, some users had started to adopt OneDrive for cloud storage, we recommended Azure AD and Intune, to provide them with the modern workplace solution they required.
Utilising Microsoft technology, we migrated their entire infrastructure to the cloud. We helped to design a scalable cloud infrastructure, incorporating their corporate, development and production environments, making it easy for W2 to deploy and maintain all devices within their organisation moving forward.
Crucially, we combined this with virtual, cloud servers in Azure, alongside Fortinet best-of-breed firewalls, in doing this we helped W2 build the foundations of a zero-trust framework, enabling a wholly secure, cloud-based IT infrastructure, across multiple sites.
The two major benefits of this project were W2’s ability to now completely manage their devices remotely and deploy robust security policies and processes, throughout the entire cloud estate.
It was important to take a security first mindset throughout the project; that’s also why we implemented Microsoft’s complete Enterprise Mobility and Security (EMS) suite.
With EMS, W2 are now able to improve their protection, detection, and response capabilities throughout their remote workforce.
It’s also worth noting that EMS increases the security features of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365, with further capabilities extending into W2’s entire infrastructure. The essential benefits of EMS include:
✅ Identity and access management
– W2 can now ensure secure connections between people, devices, apps, and data.
✅ Microsoft Cloud App Security
– This cloud access security broker provides W2 with discovery insights, behavioural analytics, risk assessments and data protection.✅ Information protection
– With Microsoft’s integrated information protection solution, W2 can now protect sensitive business data everywhere, even in transit and when shared.✅ Threat protection
– A crucial part of the EMS suite. With adaptive, built-in intelligence, we can help W2 detect and investigate advanced threats, compromised identities, and malicious actions, across their complete cloud environment.
✅ Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
– Microsoft Defender helps W2 with endpoint protection, detection and response (EDR), vulnerability management, and mobile threat defence.
In providing W2 with a truly modern Microsoft 365 solution, we’ve been able to facilitate a secure, cloud-first workplace for their entire organisation. Want to know how we can support your cloud journey? Get in touch today.